I simply love “Costco’s Poppy-seed Mufffins” so I searched for a recipe to be able to enjoy them anytime! Thanks to my friend Cindy, this is what I’ve come up with …
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp. poppy seeds
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp almond extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare muffin tin – (recipe yields 12) with cupcake liners.
- Mix together the eggs, sugar, butter, and almond extract until well blended.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, poppy seeds, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add the flour mixture and the milk alternately to the wet mixture. Mix until just incorporated.
- Pour batter into prepared muffin tins. Fill them to the top.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Let cool – slightly, then serve!
Perfect for breakfast, perfect anytime of the day. Perfect right out of the oven.