- 1 1/2 pounds cucumbers (try to avoid large seeds by using small cucumbers or English hothouse cucumbers), unpeeled & very thinly sliced
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt (I use sea salt)
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Sprinkle salt over bowl of cucumber slices, tossing and making sure that all cucumbers are coated. Place salted cucumbers in a colander and allow to sit for 15 minutes, occasionally stirring.
- In a large bowl, prepare dressing by whisking together white wine vinegar, fresh dill, sugar, and pepper.
- Press down on cucumbers in colander to extract as much liquid as possible. Pat dry and add to bowl of dressing. Stir until coated and refrigerate for 15 minutes to 2 hours before serving .
Perfect for warm summer evenings, served chilled.