Baked Seasoned Tilapia
- 2 tilapia fillets (6 oz. each)
- 1 tablespoon butter¹, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt²
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 dash garlic powder
- Place the fillets in a greased baking dish. Drizzle with the butter. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; sprinkle over fillets.
- Cover and bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes. Uncover and bake 5-8 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
¹To cut cholesterol and fat, you can also use oils in place of butter on a 1:1 ratio in some recipes. I use Olive Oil as a substitute.
²Most recipes that call for salt are referring to table salt, which has additives like iodine and an anti-caking agent to prevent lumping in humidity. Kosher salt is made by compacting granular salt, producing large irregularly shaped flakes. The structure dissolves easily and provides flavor without over salting because of it’s large surface area. Substitution ratio; 3/4 tsp. kosher salt = 1 tsp. table salt